Welcome to Denham Woodlands Nursery School
The aim of our website is to give you information about our nursery, however to find out more please call us to make an appointment to visit us.
Denham Woodlands Nursery is an independent nursery situated in the grounds of Denham Green EACT Primary Academy. We are an inclusive nursery and offer a warm and stimulating environment where we make learning fun. We provide a range of learning opportunities which will support the development of each individual child and will prepare them for their onward journey to school.
We are proud of our Outstanding Ofsted awarded to us in March 2019 where the inspector recognised that “the high quality staff team deliver an exciting and stimulating curriculum through excellent teaching.”
We are an open plan setting with a large outside area and a fabulous woodland area where children enjoy a variety of apparatus and natural resources.
Come Visit Us
Visits to Denham Woodlands Nursery are by appointment only at either 10am or 1pm on a Friday.
Admissions & Fees
Enquire about joining our nursery and find out more about admissions and fees.
Denham Woodlands Nursery is registered with Ofsted and works to the requirements of The Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
Details on our opening hours, how we work together for your children and about our key person approach.
Our setting aims to
- Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age;
- Create a warm and stimulating environment where learning is fun;
- Provide a range of learning opportunities which support the development of each individual child;
- Ensure children, staff and parents have a good understanding of healthy lifestyles;
- Work with parents and carers and value their contributions;
- Enable children to form positive and trusting relationships with their peers and with adults;
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity;
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community
- Give generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children,
- Will make decisions together as part of a democracy, learning to value each other’s views and values
- Learn to manage their feelings and behaviours
- Will learn to develop a positive sense of themselves, develop their self-esteem and increase their confidence in their own abilities .
- Will experience a range of activities which will explore the language of feelings and responsibility, reflect on differences and understand we are free to have different opinions.
- Children will learn to have mutual respect and tolerance of others.
- Ensure that children have the knowledge and skills they need to start school.
What Our Families are Saying
“I can’t thank you all enough for the past two years looking after my two children. They have never come home with a mumble or grumble. They have loved every minute of nursery and always looked forward to coming in. Denham Woodlands is a magical place and has been the lowliest two years. You are all special ladies and amazingly kind and great at what you do. Thanks isn’t enough.”